Halloween is the one time of year where you can dress up and be another character for a day, and no one will blink an eye. At SERVPRO, We want you to have a safe HALLOWEEN and enjoy the time with your family, without worry. There are a few things that you can do that will ensure that your family is equipped to have a great Halloween. This list of safety tips below was provided by the National Fire Prevention Association.
- Candles - Refrain from having an open flame. Use battery-operated candles or glow-sticks in your jack-o-lanterns. You can find flameless candles that flicker, and those that don’t, so you won’t miss out on any of the spooky effects!
- Costumes – Carefully choose your costume. Stay away from costumes with long trains or flowing fabric that could get caught on things. Make sure that any DIY costumes are not made of flammable materials like flannel or burlap.
- Decorations - Avoid flammable decorations including dried flowers, cornstalks and burlap that are highly flammable. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Exits - Remember to keep all decorations away from doors so that they are not blocking any exits or escape routes.
- Smoke alarms - Make sure all your smoke alarms are working and up to date.
- Visibility - Provide flashlights to children or have them carry glow sticks as part of their costumes. Make sure if a child is wearing a mask that the eye holes are large enough to see out of them.
SERVPRO of Crawford & South Washington Counties should be your first choice for any residential or commercial restoration needs. Our team of professionals is trained to assess the damage and potential threats, extract and contain the affected area, dry, and restore your property to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Crawford & South Washington Counties is available 24/7 by calling 479-318-6774.
For more about SERVPRO of Crawford and South Washington Counties, click here.