Electrical Fire in Prairie Grove
Electric fires, most typically, are caused by loose connections or short circuits. These cause arcing (sparking) that ignites building materials. Another cause of electric fires happens because of circuits that are overloaded. These overloaded circuits cause wires to overheat. According to the Electrical Safety Foundation International home wiring causes approximately 51,000 fires each year. Old faulty wiring systems are easily overloaded and susceptible to short circuiting, causing a fire. Having a licensed electrician inspect your home’s wiring is money well spent, especially if it is an older home. Performing any electrical improvements or repairs should be left to a licensed electrician.
If your Prairie Grove home experiences an electrical fire, let SERVPRO of Crawford and South Washington County restore your fire damaged home. Following a few steps will help during the restoration process. Contacting your insurance company is the first step.
Your insurance professionals should be the first people you contact. These professionals understand your home owner’s policy. They can help you understand what your policy covers and how to file a claim. These professionals can also help with your immediate needs. Needs that may include finding a temporary place to live while your home is being restored.
Choosing a restoration company is an important step. Researching to find a restoration company that has a solid reputation is critical. Consider these before choosing your restoration company. Is the company local. What credentials have they earned. Ask about availability. Most importantly, ask for references.
If you experience a fire, SERVPRO of Crawford & South Washington Counties should be your first choice for any residential or commercial restoration needs. Our team of professionals is trained to assess the damage and potential threats, contain the affected area, dry, and restore your property to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Crawford & South Washington Counties is available 24/7 by calling 479-318-6774.